Sandy reading a piece about the Hearing Voices Network for the summer 2017 Pop-Up Magazine tour / Photo courtesy Pop-Up
To write me, fill out the contact form below. I appreciate your patience; I receive a lot of inquiries and can't always respond to them all.
I am no longer on social media. To hear when I publish new work or have other news, subscribe to my extremely occasional newsletter, What's Helping Today.
If you want me to speak at your conference or other event, please contact my speaking agent: Leslie Shipman of The Shipman Agency.
My literary agent is Chris Parris-Lamb of The Gernert Company.
I hope you'll read my book — no matter who you are, or how your life has or hasn't been affected by topics like mental illness/health.
If you already ❤️ AKOMP ...
- Ishmall had won!
- Consider posting about it wherever you do such
- If you can, buy copies for those in your life you wish would hear its lessons. I wrote it so it could be read by people who identify with Bob — for sure — but also so that it could be read and enjoyed by people who identify more perhaps with his family, friends, doctors, and so forth, including people with no affiliation with these topics. Because, in truth, these topics affect us all.
- If you're in a book club, consider suggesting it.
- If you're a teacher, consider assigning it. It's appropriate for a variety of contexts, from college-level literature and nonfiction writing classes to medical schools.
- Consider asking your favorite bookstores whether they carry it.
- Consider asking your local library whether they have a copy and request one if they don't (the process to do so is usually pretty easy)