My literary agent is Chris Parris-Lamb of The Gernert Company.
My speaking agent is Leslie Shipman at The Shipman Agency. Speaking inquiries, please contact her:
leslie at theshipmanagency dot com
For media inquiries about A KIND OF MIRRACULAS PARADISE, my publicist is Mia O'Neill at Simon & Schuster. Please reach her at: mia.oneill at simonandschuster dot com
If you're a fan of A KIND OF MIRRACULAS PARADISE:
- Ishmall had won!
- Consider telling your friends and/or followers about it! #AKOMP
- If you can, buy copies for those in your life you wish would read it. I wrote AKOMP so all sorts of people could really hear Bob's story — whether their lives most resemble Bob's or Gene's or Marilyn's or Agnes' or one of Bob's psychiatrists or one of his friends growing up or a somewhat distant relative like me or just some random person with no interest whatsoever in these topics. I receive reader mail and have met people who've read and enjoyed the book who have all sorts of stakes (or lack thereof) in these conversations. For me hearing from readers with lived experience is the most gratifying but I'm also excited whenever I appear to have actually gotten through to folks who work in the mental health care system as constituted.
- If you're a teacher, consider assigning it (It'd be great for general college-level literature courses; med students; nursing students; social work, psychology and psychiatry students and others whose work pertains to "mental health," like firefighters, EMTs, police and other authorities and those who work in criminal justice; essay / nonfiction writing and / or journalism students; courses on medical humanities, narrative medicine, etc. and certainly courses about disability rights and Mad Pride, which in my dreams will someday be commonplace)
- Consider asking your favorite local bookstores whether they know about it already
- Ask if your local library has a copy and request one if they don't (it's usually pretty easy to do)
- If you're in a book club, suggest it
- FWIW AKOMP is also available as an ebook
- It was also published in French
- Another way to hear more of Bob's music to listen to this great episode of the Organist about us
- If you want to rock out, I made this AKOMP-inspired Spotify playlist
- Other inquires related to AKOMP, you can write mirraculas at gmail dot com
- If you'd like a free glow-in-the-dark AKOMP guitar pick, write mirraculas at gmail dot com and my assistant Alex will mail you one. For free! Happy playing!
I encourage you to subscribe to Mad Chat wherever you listen to podcasts, if that's something you do! In 2019, I self-funded out a ten-episode first season you are welcome to enjoy whenever (it's all very evergreen). The show is on indefinite hiatus until we find a funding source. If you want to know where to start, I love all the episodes but especially the Halloween Special with Tracy Clayton and the Killing Eve one with Sarah Kay.
If you're already a Mad Chat listener, please rate and review the show on Apple podcasts (please!!! ty!!!) or wherever you listen to pods. If you like the show, please tell your friends and / or followers! Much more info at the show's website. Inquiries about the show, write: madchatshow at gmail dot com
Sign up for my extremely occasional newsletter to hear when I publish new work or have other news.
If you want to contact me directly, you may write me at hellosandyallen at gmail dot com. Note that as of summer 2020, I am checking email extremely infrequently. Your patience is appreciated!