To hear when I publish new work or have other news, subscribe to my Substack.
If you want me to speak at your conference or other event, please contact my speaking agent: Leslie Shipman of The Shipman Agency.
If you want to hand me a big pile of money, my literary agent is Chris Parris-Lamb of The Gernert Company.
Subscribe to Mad Chat wherever you listen to podcasts. If you're already a listener, please rate and review the show on Apple podcasts or wherever you listen, and/or tell your friends about it! Much more at the Mad Chat website. Follow Mad Chat on Twitter. We're on indefinite hiatus but hope to reemerge at some point. Our ten-episode first season is nonetheless great and evergreen and I encourage you to check it out.
If you want to contact me directly, you may write me at hellosandyallen at gmail dot com. Note that as of early 2021, I am busy writing my next book and checking email rarely if ever. Your patience is appreciated!
If you've already read and ❤️ AKOMP ...
- Ishmall had won!
- If you loved the book, consider telling your friends/followers about it
- Consider asking your favorite local bookstores whether they've read it yet
- Ask if your local library has a copy and request one if they don't
- If you're in a book club, suggest it to your group
- If you're a teacher, consider assigning it. It's great for: med students (especially medical humanities / narrative medicine courses), nursing students, social work students, psychology students, any others whose work pertains to "mental health", including those in criminal justice and law enforcement; as well as nonfiction / memoir / essay writing / narrative journalism courses; as well as English or general education literature courses, either advanced high school or college level.
- If you can, buy copies for those in your life you wish would read it. I wrote it so it could be read by people who identify with Bob and with people who identify with Agnes and Gene and Marilyn and many others, including his doctors, so I encourage you to give it to people regardless of their pre-existing opinions about such matters.